7.26.2011

Undiscover


Sometimes I have the sudden urge to send anonymous thank you notes to all the men I have been with in my short life. All of them, even the ones that I have allowed to hurt me, hurt me deeply, even the ones I have hurt badly and think I am the biggest bitch ever (yes it is true). The urge to give thanks comes from deep in my heart, I wouldn't be the woman I am now if I would have been loved differently. So maybe one day I will get all of their addresses and will send just a little note with a "thank you" typed with an antique typewriter and folded inside a little white envelope... nothing else, because thanking does not need an entitlement, just the ticklish feeling that comes with the knowing that somewhere out there exists somebody who gives you thanks just for being you.
Image via Le Portillon

No comments: